2010-06-21

still ugly


Ugly Face XVI | mixed media, hand stitched (scanned image)



Ugly Face XV, de Barcelos | mixed media, hand stitched





Ugly Face XIV | mixed media, hand stitched



These are the last ladies I've been working on - Ugly Face -
Introducing something new to the hand embroidered women, doing collages of pieces of my gocco screen printing tests. I like it so much, it gains a 3D effect and also I'm reusing the tons of paper I have in my studio.





[for those who are in Portugal, you can find the Ugly Face XV in Quasiloja Gallery, Oporto.
The other two are in my etsy shop for now]

3 comments:

lauren carney said...

oh oh oh!
Your blog, is rather splendid!
Thank-you for playing show and tell with all your pretty thoughts and pictures!

x x x

IL GATTO SELVATICO said...

not ugly face, pretty prints.
ilgattoselvatico.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Lauren and Penelope!

but, Penelope, these are not prints. They are original pieces, mixed media (collage, embroidered, illustrated) :)